Secure your firearms in a safe place and make sure they are locked with an approved locking system.
Pistol Permits and FID Applications are issued by appointment only. The procedure is as follows:
- Complete a Firearms/FID card application.
- Mail completed Application to Methuen Police Department Firearms Licensing Office, 90 Hampshire Street, Methuen, Massachusetts 01844.
- The Firearms Licensing Office will contact applicants and schedule an appointment time.
Applicants must have the following:
- Completed application (Application can be accessed in PDF format below)
- Fees: FID Firearms - $100, License to Carry Firearms Class A - $100 Check or money order made out to the “City of Methuen”
- Massachusetts State Police Basic Firearms Safety Course Certificate (First-time applicant only)
Please note: Photos are not needed.